Reflection for the course Educational Technology

I must say that in doing the course Educational Technology I have acquired valuable information that will aid in me been an effective teacher when it comes onto presenting educational information to my students. Before this course I was not aware of many things such as the different ways to integrate technology in daily lessons and other subject areas. I only viewed technology as subject and not a methodology. In addition, I must stay this course has helped me especially since we are now in a pandemic which mostly allows for the use of technology for online school. In doing this course I got the opportunity to learn how to create different computer-based instructional support tools which will aid in the effective transfer of information to students. These support tools include wikis, podcast, web quest, digital storytelling, interactive PowerPoint and even blogs. I had no idea these tools even existed and I must mention, creating these tools were very exciting and interesting. Equally important, I learnt how to appreciate Computer-based instructional support tools. Before the course when teachers entered the classroom using these tools, I saw it as just something normal but after this experience I realized creating these tools take planning and hard work, hence reason for me exercising appreciation. With all this knowledge I will incorporate the use of technology in the classroom while considering the factors which may challenge the students’ equitable access. As teachers the use of technology will prompt students to be more interested and more able to learn as they are living in a world that is driven by technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Learning? Is it a permanent change in behaviour and understanding? Is it a process?

Issues Regarding Equitable Access with the Use of Technology in Education

Web Based Instructional Support Tools (Effectiveness, Advantages and Disadvantages)